New Student Info Sessions
Hello incoming freshman and returning students! There will be two scheduled new student info sessions on the 25th and 27th at 6pm. These will be hosted via zoom. The meeting link can be found here and we look forward to seeing you all there!
- Develop and apply new technical skills working on real hardware.
- Build your resume with space-related projects that shows your passion for space.
- Multidisciplinary experience working with team members from different schools and majors
- 1 on 1 meet ups with space industry recruiters.
- Astronomy observation nights.
- Space-themed social events like movie and KSP nights.
Who can join SPEX?
- SPEX is open to any undergraduate or graduate student at RIT.
- We are open to all majors, year levels, and experience levels.
- We are always looking for new majors to contribute to SPEX's multidisciplinary work.
We accept students of all years and majors and status. The next era of space development is here, we invite you to join us.
For the first few weeks of the semester we will be meeting virtually here.
RIT Space Exploration is open to all undergraduate and graduate students at RIT. Meetings during the semester are at 11:00 AM in Hugh L. Carey Hall, room 14-2575-2585 every Saturday. If you are interested in joining SPEX, you can join our slack channel or send an email to receive more information.
RIT Space Exploration uses slack as our primary form of communication. We make most of our announcements there.
SPEX is interested in partnering with RIT faculty in a variety of roles. We are looking for faculty interested in advising SPEX members and project teams in the following fields.
- Astronomy and Astrodynamics
- Radio and antenna design
- PCB layout and design
- 3D printing and FEA
- Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and avionics
If you have expertise in other aerospace-related fields not listed, we would love to work with you on future projects.
SPEX is also actively looking to partner with RIT faculty looking to fly their research on future high altitude balloon (HAB) launches and CubeSat missions. We have a HAB platform that can fly up to 8u (20cm x 20cm x 20cm) payloads up to 100,000 ft.
SPEX is looking to partner with industry professionals to give our members insight into the aerospace industry. Prior outreach events have included presentations on technical work, resume reviews and company Q and A. If you or your company would be interested in participating in a SPEX outreach event, please let us know at our email. SPEX is also looking for corporate sponsorship to support its projects. You can learn more on our donation page.
Have a question? email us at email@example.com.